General Rules and Conditions for Residents
- If it is found at any time that a student has been admitted to the Hostel by furnishing wrong information (forged mark-sheets/documents) or by concealment of any vital information regarding Hostel/College admission rules his/her admission will be cancelled forthwith. If any resident is found to be forging parent's/ local guardian's signatures, he/she shall be expelled from the Hostel.
- At the time of admission, a resident will have to give an undertaking that he/she will abide by the rules & regulations of the Hostel as framed from time to time. This undertaking will have to be countersigned by the guardian/parent of the resident.
- RAGGING IN ANY FORM CAUSING MENTAL AND PHYSICAL AGONY, AND ABETMENT OF RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNDER UNIVERSITY ORDINANCE XVc AND WILL INVITE POLICE ACTION UNDER IPC.
- A resident may have a guest for a maximum period of one day with prior written permission of the Warden. The same person cannot be the guest of another student thereafter. Any resident having any unauthorized guest shall face strict disciplinary action. The guest register is always available with the respective guards of the Men's and Women's Hostels, who are on duty at respective gates. A resident must obtain prior permission from the Warden and make an entry in the guest register before having a guest in his or her room. Guest charges will be decided by the Hostel Committee.
- Residents will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the furniture and fittings provided to them at the time of admission. Residents will have to return the allotted furniture in good condition.
- No resident will be allowed to use electrical appliances such as heaters, immersions rods, etc and any one found using such appliances will be liable for disciplinary action, including a fine and cancellation of his/her seat in the Hostel.
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks/intoxicating drugs; etc is strictly prohibited in the Hostel. Any one indulging in the above will be liable for disciplinary action, including expulsion from the Hostel.
- Residents must maintain proper decorum in the Hostel. They are required to behave properly with members of the service staff, and their fellow residents. They must maintain silence in the corridors, and return to their rooms by 7.30 pm. During the first term roll call for residents will be held at 7:45 pm. Failure to report for the roll call will invites strict disciplinary action, including expulsion from the Hostel. Since many College classrooms are located within hearing distance of the Hostel, care should be taken not to disturb the atmosphere of the College by playing loud music or generally creating disturbing noise, etc.
- Women visitors are not allowed to enter the men resident’s rooms.
- Residents are expected to keep their rooms, bathrooms and their surroundings tidy. They are not to disfigure the walls. They are accountable for any misuse of loss of the Hostel property.
- The Warden/Principal can, without assigning any reason, change/open the room allotted to a resident. Non-compliance of order in this regard is to be treated as a serious breach of discipline inviting penal action. Any attempt or connivance leading to any damage to Hostel property/building or image of the institution shall be treated as an act of gross indiscipline inviting penal action, including fine as well as cancellation of seat. Every resident is required to abide by the rules and regulations of the Hostel. Any one breaking any rule will be liable for disciplinary action , including a fine warning and ultimately expulsion from the Hostel for indulging in acts of misconduct.
- All men and Women residents of the Hostel shall be provided rooms on a double sharing basis. Rooms duly allotted cannot be changed without prior approval of the Warden.